Mommy went off to see Auntie Elaine today, it had been a while since I saw her last. Auntie Betty was there too, they said that mommy's tummy isn't that big indicating according to Auntie Elaine, who is a midwife after all, that mommy's carrying you more towards the back, meaning mommy's pelvis is an anthropoid, one of the four pelvic shapes. So mommy went off to look up what that meant and got this:
An anthropoid pelvis is, like the gynecoid pelvis, basically oval at the inlet,
but the long axis is oriented vertically rather than side to side. Subpubic arch
may be slightly narrowed. This pelvis favors occiput posterior presentations.
Mommy had the usual vitamin C jab and she inspected mommy's tummy. Showed me the position of the fundus, much higher than I anticipated, and she pressed here and there said you were lying sideways at that time. Then she used the fetal heart rate monitor. Unlike last time where we had to hunt your heart beat down, it picked up instantly, loud, and you kicked the sonar picker a couple of times too, Auntie Elaine could feel it. The sonar was stationary in one spot and we could hear how you kept on moving around from the heart beat as it faded away and then come back. Auntie Elaine said that you have a high base line most likely indicating you're a girl.
Yesterday mommy didn't feel like going hashing and texted Auntie Wina, she asked which colour shirt I'd like that they were giving away that day and will save me one, pink or purple? I said pink. She texted back, 'pink?' I replied with, 'what's wrong with pink?' long pause later... 'IT'S A GIRL!!!' was the reply.
Oh, daddy redid his website... This weekend is your granparents lambak birthday celebration and Chinese new year too. Next week is check up at the antenatal clinic, I hope all is well and mommy's weight didn't go up so much even though you're packing on 6 ounces = 170 grams a week...
love,
Mom
PS: Mommy just got a call to come for breastfeeding workshop on the 13th March, cool. Mommy had learnt the fact that breastfeeding takes about 500 to 800 calories a day! Not gonna pass up that opportunity to feed you lots... of breast milk that is...
No comments:
Post a Comment