Thursday, October 7, 2010

What Mommy Is Feeding Baby

Hi Baby,

At your last clinic check your weight was off the charts. Since you were exclusively breast fed the nurse wasn't concerned. If you had been on formula, mommy and daddy would probably get a lecture I'm guessing.

It got mommy thinking, I know whatever I eat can affect the flavour of the milk, but does it affect the fat content of the milk?

So I googled...

And I came across the following articles, so informative!

Breastfeeding Mom's Diet & Baby's Brain Development
- I'm so glad Auntie Elaine told mommy to take Omega 3 while pregnant and kept it up while breast feeding. Eating lots of sardines and salmon helps too.

Coconut Oil & Medium Chain Triglycerides - I'm glad I had fresh coconut twice a week when I was pregnant with you, all that benefits! To think the reason I was having it was because it made me feel slightly better after the all day sickness... There's palm oil in Milo too!

Nutrients & Calories In Breast Milk - I did wonder how much calories there are, and according to this article, there's about 70 calories per 100ml on average.

Flavours In Breast Milk - Mommy researched that the best food to give you for the first time would be avocado. Then mommy realised, waitaminit, baby won't eat it unless baby knows what it's going to taste like in the first place! And that means mommy have to eat lots of avocado first so you could taste it in the milk. This goes for all the rest of the food stuff that is good for you which I must put in the effort to eat, more fruits, vegetables, good source of protein, etc etc as well as the variety. You like Japanese and Italian food already.

Like I said to a friend, there's always new things to learn and having baby around now the learning is never ending. We can only hope for the best that we are doing the best for you...

Love you baby!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment