Dear Baby,
Mommy did write out a gripe, then deleted it. End of the day, you what counts. I'm happily feeding you no matter what time of the day or night it is, it's pretty cute how you wake me up, knocking against me. It feels like patting, and I get aware and turn around if my back was facing you and latch you on, and you'll have your fill and fall back asleep again. Useful that we co sleep. Only I keep on forgetting to use a breast pad and wake up to find my top wet... when there's a let down there's no shut off button... One thing about night feeds, either you were just thirsty or mommy is producing a lot of milk because the breast does not feel empty. If I happen to be awake or it's time to wake up anyway, I'll express the rest out.
There were some days when you refuse to take the bottle and days when you'll go through several. Nowadays you're averaging three a day when you're at nenek's, compared to four or five a few months ago. Mommy find that every time I'm sick and is recovering, the production slows down, but I try not to let it bother me, just means more nursing and pumping to get it back up again.
At nights before bedtime nowadays, you're always seem to be constantly on the breast, I wondered if this is what they termed as cluster feeding, most probably, as you have seem to have decreased your bottled milk intake. But that still doesn't mean that mommy is going to stop expressing, the deep freezer is still not full and the other freezer in the fridge still got space.
Oh, also you are so easily distracted nowadays! You seem to pull off just when the let down is happening. And then... milk is spraying everywhere! And people wonder why I wear black alot... And it's quickly trying to get you back on to nurse if possible. And when you are really distracted, playing and what not, you could go for hours without wanting anything. And I get worried you might get dehydrated.
Another thing you do when nursing, especially when mommy is trying to put you to bed, you'd nurse, stop, crawl and roll around, come back, nurse again, stop, and this gets repeated several times and I wondered if you have tired yourself out yet or not, and it seems you just get more hyper and lots of stopping you from crawling off the bed and back on the breast... I know you're hungry, but you also want to explore your new found freedom of movement. You're like daddy, conversations between bites when at a meal.
Oh! Another thing I just remembered to write about, feeding positions. Ways to get you to nurse result in nursing while you are sitting upright, that way it allows you to play and turn towards mommy to nurse at the same time. Sometimes I'll be lying down, and you'll nurse flat on your tummy with your head elevated, a pause in the middle of crawling. Other times, you'll be lying on my stomach to nurse.
I wonder what will happen when you start walking....
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment