With daddy in Orchard Road, Singapore
Dear Baby
Mommy can't remember how it happened... but I remembered being obsessed finding a sun hat for you months back, and that now whenever you're outside you must have your hat on.
When mommy was looking for a sling online, I came across this site that was also carrying this particular brand of hats called Sunday Afternoons. After reading that the hats have an SPF rating of 50 and they come in baby sizes and all other good things, I was sold. Since the shop was in Singapore and Auntie Lin was heading there, I asked her to pick up a couple for me, one of them is a sun hat, wide brim and all that in light purple and an adventure hat in light green, which we lost on our trip there ironically on our way to the same shop to pick up more hats, and another baby carrier. All the hats are still too big for you even at the smallest setting, but we managed.
While there, daddy picked up 3 or 4 more adventure hats, and one other hat which style mommy forgot the name to because he liked the colour.
The hat you're wearing is an infant sun hat from the same brand which I asked Auntie Sarah to pick up for you when she was there on her way to Japan. I figured it should fit you better as the other hats were 1-5 year old, but it was still slightly too big for you. But considering how fast babies and toddlers grow, it won't matter in the end...
When you start school, it's compulsory to have a sun hat for play, so we're all set for that already.
You don't like it if your hat got put on your head when indoors, you'll automatically remove it. But when we're outside and your hat goes on, you don't bother with it because you know you're heading out somewhere. Hopefully wearing a hat outdoors will become a habit for you.
You know what mommy should've done, I should've gotten an adult Sunday Afternoon hat for myself too when we were there, doh!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment