You and I are in confinement for the next forty days... at first mommy was quite worried about being in confinement, everybody who have gone through it said they were bored out of their minds and I feared that the only highlight was when it's meal times and end up over eating. Brrr...
So far, three weeks into this, I quite enjoy it. Minus sometimes I get that being-stuck-in-one-place-boredom but it's really not too bad. Every morning your grandmother would prepare the sitz bath with sea salt and herbs in boiled water, and it felt like as if mommy is being dunked in tea. But it's very comforting to be in, and I'm imagining all the sore, achy, torn, cut, stitched up bits are being healed. It also gives me some me time, and I do sudoku to pass away the time while you spend time with granny.
We get food delivered to our room, mainly soup and I haven't really gotten sick of it. Plus daddy sometime comes home with other yummies, hahaha. Your grandmother made sure the room is stocked up with fresh fruits, been eating them just like the time when mommy was pregnant with you, fruits aplenty.
Mommy don't have to worry about doing laundry, cleaning house, etc because someone else does it - but I do wonder about the state of our house being left alone...
I get to nap with you in the afternoons, make up for the multiple waking up at nights for nursing and changing nappies.
Basically I just get to enjoy you... even though your activity is limited to nursing, sleeping and changing diapers at the moment, but it's okay. I've been watching out for your signals when you need what. We pretty much manage to keep you from crying most of the time, only time when you do wail your head off was when mommy or daddy was a bit slow in attending to your needs. Mommy also been trying to do EC with you, but the few times I did you weren't too happy, I could be holding you wrong so will have to try and find the right that works for you.
It's only been three odd weeks so far and all of us are getting used to have each other, mommy and daddy are the center of your world right now and we're more than happy to fill it with as much happiness and love as possible for you.
For mommy, this whole motherhood and taking care of baby felt right, I just fell into the role and it didn't faze me, like I knew what to do, strange really because I never responded to other babies before, I guess this only happens when you get your very own and went through the process and all of the sudden you believe the precious bundle in your hands is the most cutest ever! We'll revisit this when you're a teenager and see how it goes, hahaha...
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment