Hi Baby,
Mommy is in a dilemma, your practice at cup feeding didn't go exactly as planned. You drink from the cup but we don't know how much went in and how much went on your front. We always end up with a very wet front (even with the towel and bib), a very upset baby, and worried mommy.
Mommy is going to work soon... mommy also have another dilemma on top of this, what to store the expressed milk in?
Mommy is worried that when you're with grandma when mommy is away, you won't get enough milk going in you and you'd get upset. Since cup feeding was stressing both of us out, I decided that the only way next is the bottle. Although mommy did think about spoon feeding but I'm too tired to even go there.
When I told daddy that we most likely have to do bottle, he raised his eyebrow, because to daddy bottle translate to formula, assured daddy you'd still be getting breast milk, he was ok with that. Also it would be easier for whoever is taking care of you to feed you.
I'm not too happy that we would have to go to the bottle to feed you while I'm gone, and I did debate on bringing you to work instead, I'm also not happy with the thought of having to get bottles and teats, how many do we need? How do we know if it's the right one? Does it matter what style they are? Will baby prefer the bottle instead of the breast? Mommy isn't too keen having to spend on something that we're not sure of if it'll work only to find out no, it doesn't.
It just so happen mommy was going through the box that the breast pump mommy got given was in and found this product information, it solves the storage for the milk and the bottle for baby all in one. And mommy decided that is the system we should go with, the containers could be used with the pump and all it need is the adaptor, and after that unscrew the pump and screw on the teat. The milk stays in the container and chances of contamination is minimized and container is reusable after being steralised. Fantastic! No wasteage of milk storage bags, as those could only be used once and no need to get bottles as we already have the container. Mommy also read to stick with newborn flow teats regardless what age baby is in so that baby wouldn't get attached to bottle feeding and that you'd still prefer the breast.
Have to test whether baby will take the bottle and good thing that the breast pump came with bottle and teat, so will be able to experiment with that first before mommy goes out shopping.
I'm sorry that we couldn't get the hang of cup feeding, baby and mommy just couldn't get the right rhythm going. But at least we tried, and that's important.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment