Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Diaper Drawer

Dear Baby,

Mommy finally found the camera and after charging up the flat battery here is the picture of your full diaper drawer. Mind you this was probably a couple of months ago so... the current total stash now is more than what the drawer can handle, I'm guessing a drawer and a half.

In the washing machine right now are the BabyBeeHind diapers which mommy had bought also a couple months back and only now I finally decided to prep them. Oh no! I just remembered there are two more Bamboolite premium fitted I forgot to chuck in the wash too... It can go in the next wash cycle... Anyway, the somewhat recent new diapers addition are for night diapering, as you get older you're producing more volume and therefore you would need a diaper that can hold all that until we get to the potty training stage.

We have gone beyond the saving aspect of cloth diapering, right now it is the equavilent(sp?) of high heels and handbags. We can make up some of it by selling off some of the stash, I am thinking of letting go of the BumWear covers for now, some of the Lunatots perhaps, and I do have a couple of Blueberry inserts that totally have not been touched at all, because it being hemp - mommy prefers bamboo. Also, I'm vowing with your next brother or sister, I shall be adapt at using the sewing machine so mommy can make the diapers if needed.

As for now, we just have to take good care of the diapers between when you stopped using them and when the next baby arrives. I remembered reading somewhere to wash them every 3 months just so the elasticity does not become brittle and freshen up the diapers so that they can still be used, so we must make sure we store them carefully...

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment