Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Belly Casting

Hi Baby,

Tonight mommy and daddy had an interesting time, daddy had to suddenly become all crafty since I was unable to do it... Daddy had a 101 class on how to use plaster gauze. It's the same stuff that hospitals used to make a cast when mending a broken bone, it goes rock hard after you wet it and it dries.

We went through 5 rolls of the stuff and it's a good thing too that the kit came with plastic sheet to protect the floor as it was wet and plaster drips everywhere. And the cats were curious of what we were doing and had to nose around as well. As the layers got put on me the cast just got heavier, and I had to cradle it so it wouldn't fall off as daddy was still putting on the layers to make it strong. Fortunately he got to wear gloves so he managed to keep his hands clean...

It took us almost one and a half hours just to do it, by that time the cast was coming off my body and I needed the toilet, daddy was cleaning up that time and I had to wait for him so he could hold onto the cast while mommy rushed for the toilet.

The cast still needed to dry fully so we stuffed it with newspaper for it to hold it's shape as it dries so it wouldn't collapse under it's own weight.

After it cures properly, I'll leave it for a few days, then the cast will be sanded smooth and mommy will be able to paint it. The next decision is to decide, what to paint on it... hmmmm....

Thanks to Auntie Nadia for giving mommy the belly cast, when you're grown up, you can see the shape of mommy's body when I had you inside!

Interestingly after I took the cast off and had a look at it, mommy was kinda surprised it looked smaller than I expected... Haha....

Daddy got brownie points for doing this, hehehe... love you sweetie xoxoxo

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment