Today apparently, I think, was the last clinic check up we'll be doing for you. Mommy sent daddy to work and went straight to the clinic, much earlier than I usually go and to be expected the parking area was crowded, had to walk a distance just to get to the clinic. Interestingly there weren't a lot of mommies waiting for their check ups. Gained just under a kilo, I suppose that's good news...
Got scheduled to see a doctor by the nurses as according to my due date which is next week. The doctor referred me to see a gyne at the hospital and a nurse made the appointment for next tuesday, so mommy will have to go to the hospital next week to see the gyne... if you're not yet out that is.
I asked the nurse what should I be bringing to the labour ward for you, and she said 3-4 nappies is enough. Great! I can take out the extra 20 I packed. A wrap with a hood for you, and 2 change of clothing for baby she said. There's a chance if mommy give birth in the morning, I could be out by the afternoon, all depends on how mommy and baby is doing.
I asked how many maternity pads should I be bringing, and she said the whole pack just in case mommy gets an episiotomy (touch wood that'll happen) she advised every time I go to the toilet I should change the pad to prevent infection to the stitches.
If baby is late, we get up to a week, if still no sign, then they'll induce. Ack!
So, deadline looming... you're not the only deadline I have to worry about. I must get the rest of the deadlines out of the way before you come along. You be good now.
Mommy got massage later, pressure points to trigger contractions, one of the few things to be done...
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment