Hi Baby,
I think mommy gained another 2kg again, cos the scale said 86.5kg *roll eyes*... Let's not think about that even though I'm throwing up half of my meals anyway and yet somehow still gain, to say it's all you makes it scary cos I'll have to push that whole weight out! To say it's on me would suck cos my shoes are tight enough as they are and to add on to that?! I really seriously thought I could get through this pregnancy without much gain, haha! Well, considering I am at the home stretch so it's not too bad non the less.
Usual basic routine with the nurse, and we talked about giving birth and the various stories we heard. I think I'm one of the few mom-to-bes who actually joke around with the nurses cos we'd crack up during consultations, hahaha!
Over the weekend, mommy stumbled on something called 'Elimination Communication' and am excited with the concept. In other words, potty training for infants. You're going to learn how to use the potty as soon as you're out! I'm not sure how I'm going to do that in the hospital setting but definitely within your first week old, you're going to go at least once on the 'potty'. 0-6 months old is the best age to potty train you, get you used to going on cue, saves us from having to diaper change often and cleaning, better understanding and communication with you, overall a happier baby and us!
We'll talk more on EC when you're around, in the mean time mommy is doing a lot of reading on this. Oh, I got asked aren't I suppose to be reading up on labour instead, I think I already read up on that when we were at 6th month, and in the end no matter how prepared you are, every experience of every birth are all different. So, as long as the hospital bag is packed and everything essential needed is in it we're doing ok.
Your Auntie Lin bought you a bunch of stuff, have yet to look through to see what you got, maybe in the next few days nearer the weekend. But I did see she got you a co sleeper thing, yay!
Monday was energy day and instead of going back home and coming back to pick up daddy, mommy decided to pop by the nearest shopping area to pick up a few more stuff, mainly under things. I thought at first I'll just get them all at Mothercare, but I got annoyed with the lack of service I left and headed over to another place where I knew at least I'll get better service, and this is when I'm a great consumer, because I like the service I ended up buying several hundreds worth... three times more than what I orginally planned, but it's ok. The brand of nursing bras I got were pricy but I was happy with the fit and the choices available. And your Ucu is getting me a nursing tank which I figured would be great for night time feeding. And mommy got VIP discount there anyway so it's pretty good. Last time I was there was to donate all my old bras so they can send them to other mommies or ladies who couldn't afford even decent bras, great way to make space in the underwear drawer, I couldn't believe how many bras I had that I don't really wear. Some never worn at all. So hopefully since I plan on nursing you for at least two years, I wouldn't need any new underthings for a while.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment