Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Aaaarrgghhh!! Edema!!!

Dear Baby,

We're going to enter the 9th month soon, few more days. This morning while brushing my teeth, you'll be doing that too when you start having teeth, this thought ran through my mind, at least 2 more weeks to incubate, meaning 38 weeks is ok already for you to come out. Not sure if mommy is ready though, the deadline is near. I really must hurry and finish studio orders...

Last week mommy noticed that the wedding and engagement rings mommy used to wear have started to feel a bit too tight, told daddy and for the moment mommy has stopped wearing them. A friend of mommy's made the mistake of having her rings enlarged when she was pregnant and they are now to big for her, told mommy not to do the same thing. Didn't even cross my mind actually.

This morning, when about to go to work with daddy, mommy slipped on the pair of shoes mommy's been wearing all these time befor and during ever since having you growing in the belly. Shoes are normally loose, but this morning, *gasp* they were tight! I couldn't believe it, still wearable but fitting. Oh my god, I thought all these times mommy was able to avoid the pregnancy swelling, today it was confirmed that is not so... sigh... good thing it's temporary. Must remember to drink lots and lots of water.

I told Auntie Elaine that I gained 2kg in two weeks and said I'm going to go on a fruits and milk diet until you come out. She reminded me I needed the protein from meats for the iron. So it boils down to no simple carbs, no noodles, no sugars, no stealing sips from daddy's coke.

Mommy have to go and get more apples, and a bunch of other stuff. Mainly baby stuff I think. I'm not too sure. Waiting for one of your aunts to give me a call regarding baby clothes am borrowing from her. I still need to get more diapers for you especially since the yesterday's episode, they were up on the line to dry and it rained before I could get home in time to take them down, by that time they were all soaked through and all I could do was place them in the washing machine to be washed again. And this morning we woke up to rain and only when it stopped few hours later was I able to hang them out. Hopefully they'll be dry by the time I get home from work this afternoon.

One of your other aunts are going to look for diaper snappies for you, she said she had seen them so that'll be good to get, snappies are a replacement from having to use diaper pins, so no worries of sticking baby with sharp pointy objects.

I wish I know what other essentials that we need to get for you, it's trying to sort out between needs and wants is the key, what can we do with and what can we do without. I really don't want to add on any unnecessary things that we could've used the money or space for something that you really need.

Oh oh oh! Thanks to fantastic friends, we now have two baby car seats that were leant to us, so each car can have one. Daddy said I'll be driving his car whenever I need to take you out when he's not around, he said his car is safer compared to mommy's compact. There' s a good chance we'll just take one car instead of two to work, drop you off at the paternal grandparents and it's closer for mommy to come back during lunch to feed you when mommy start work... providing they're ok with having to take care of you... probably, since you're their first. Daddy hopes that it means your grandma will stay home more now. She goes out more often than we do!

So far we're ok with the moses basket.

Still trying to do the logistics about co sleeping.

Packing the hospital bag got a bit stuck with that, how many outfits to bring for you? How many pads for me and diapers for you? Towels? Wipes? Items that makes the stay comfortable and pleasant at least. Snacks? So much to consider...

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment